Partnership and links
EAQUALS is proud to work with important organisations which are not members. In some cases there are specific co-operation agreements or partnership arrangements. These are listed below.
- The Council of Europe
EAQUALS has participatory status with the Council of Europe, and has worked closely with its Language Policy Division on developments related to the Common European Framework of Reference, the European Language Portfolio, and language provision for adult migrants.
- The European Centre for Modern Languages
EAQUALS is a member of ECML's Professional Network Forum. EAQUALS inspectors and member representatives have played a key role in several recent ECML projects.
- ISO, the International Organization for Standardisation
EAQUALS has liaison status with two ISO Technical Committees and is involved in the development of a new standard for providers of language learning services.
- The Association of Language Testers in Europe (ALTE)
EAQUALS and ALTE co-operated to develop the EAQUALS-ALTE European Language Portfolio (ELP) and the first electronic ELP to be accredited by the Council of Europe. The two associations have signed a memorandum of understanding.
- Japan Association for Management of Training and Education (JAMOTE)
EAQUALS and JAMOTE have worked closely together on the development of ISO 29990, a new standard for providers of learning services in the non-formal sector. In addition JAMOTE and EAQUALS have co-operated to run a seminar in Japan on quality assurance in education and training, including language education. A memorandum of co-operation has now been signed between the two associations.
- IFCES : The International Forum for the Certification of Educational Services was founded in 2011 by an international group of organisations, led by JAMOTE and EAQUALS. Its purpose is to focus on creating new and better means of carrying out conformity assessment in the educational sector. Conformity assessment includes the various means used to audit organisations and verify whether they are complying with standards against which they wish to be certified (in EAQUALS terms 'accredited'). Some of the founder organisations are experienced in ISO certification, others are associations of education providers.