There are links to the websites of all EAQUALS members in the lists of accredited and associate members. Here are some links of general interest for language learning.
- Sharing ideas about English Campus
- The Modern Languages Section of the Council of Europe with information on the Common European Framework and European Language Portfolio
- Information about the European Language Portfolio can be found on
- The European Centre for Modern Languages in Graz, with programmes of the centre and copies of the reports of workshops and studies
- The site provides you with an overview of ELT events all over the world. The ELTECS Network website gives you regularly updated information on professional conferences, workshops and projects.
British Council Events calendar
- The site of ALTE (Association of Language Testers in Europe) contains information about European projects in language assessment.
- The website of the UK’s National Centre for Languages, CILT, has lots of information on research and publications on language teaching, including some free online publications.
- www.tttjournal.co.uk The Teacher Trainer journal is for mentors, teacher trainers, teacher educators and directors of studies. It comes out three times a year and is always looking for readers, subscribers and contributors. The voices of the teachers and trainers themselves are also included, as are trainer conference reports, description of useful books and articles, ideas for running sessions and making observation and feedback more fruitful, and ideas brought in from parallel fields.
- http://www.eaea.org/ EAEA is a European NGO with 130 member organisations from 41 countries working in the fields of adult learning. The main roles of EAEA are Policy advocacy for lifelong learning at a European level , Development of practice through projects, publications and training, Provision of information and services for our members and International co-operation.
- http://www.hothousemedia.com/yourworld This electronic magazine is provided by Language Travel Magazine every Monday. It contains fresh news, comment and the photos relating to language travel and study abroad. The full digital edition of the magazine appears monthly at http://www.hothousemedia.com/ltm/contents.htm (top of the page).
- http://www.quality-tesol-ed.org.uk/downloads/Choosing_Your_First_TESOL_course.pdf The UK association QuiTE (Quality in TESOL Education) has prepared a useful guide for people planning to enter English language teaching. It offers advice about what kind of training course to take, and a short glossary of terms.
- http://www.iatefl.org/ IATEFL is the premier international association for teachers of English as a foreign language. Its annual conference held in the UK is featured at http://www.iatefl.org/content/conferences/2009/index.php, and there is a list of all its national associates and their websites at http://www.iatefl.org/content/associates/associates.php . Special Interest Group events are listed at http://www.iatefl.org/content/events/sig.php .