In this session, participants will be presented with the application of various matrix types to foster the development of 21st century skills in tertiary classrooms with English as a Foreign Language (EFL) students at the level of B1 and above. The integration of different types of matrices into English Language Teaching (ELT) classrooms to cultivate and apply essential skills, including critical thinking, collaboration, communication, creativity, and problem-solving will be explored in the context of environmental protection.
The session will cover the following key points:
- The importance of 21st-century skills in ELT and education.
- Examples of adaptable matrix-based teaching strategies customized for ELT.
- Task 1: Exploring Project Management Matrices – RACI Matrix in Environmental Protection
- Task 2: Unpacking Creativity Matrices – SCAMPER in Environmental Innovation
- Task 3: Navigating Communication Matrices – Lasswell Model in Environmental Advocacy
- Task 4: Solving Problems with Matrices – Eisenhower Matrix in Environmental Decision-Making
- Considerations for effectively implementing these matrices in ELT classrooms.