The Eaquals Board and staff are delighted to announce that after the postponement as a result of the pandemic, the Annual International Conference will now be held on 21st-23rd October 2021 at the same venue, the Europa Hotel Belfast.
This year we are running the conference as a hybrid event. We are looking forward to welcoming the attendees to Belfast and meeting face to face, but we also want to ensure that as many of our delegates as possible can participate in the event via online attendance as well.
Our hybrid event will allow delegates to participate in all conference proceedings on Friday 22nd and Saturday 23rd via our bespoke online platform. Delegates will be able to choose which sessions they attend, connect with those in Belfast and those online, meet with colleagues and avail of all the networking opportunities that we will create for them.
This has been an extremely difficult and challenging time for all in international education and we would like to thank you for your continued understanding and support.
If you have any specific queries pertaining to the conference, please contact us directly at email@example.com
The conference is open to all, both members and non-members, and provides a rich programme of professional development for centre owners, directors, academic managers, teacher trainers as well as researchers and teachers alike.
The face to face conference
The onsite event in the Europa Hotel, Belfast will be the first opportunity in many months to meet with all of our colleagues face to face once again
The online conference
For those who will join us online as part of our hybrid conference this year, this video will give you a glimpse of how you will be able to attend the conference, see the presentations, interact with the exhibitors and network with attendees
The conference programme addresses issues at the forefront of the 5 conference strands:
- Language teaching and learning
- Course design, CEFR and assessment
- Staff development
- Leadership and Management
- Business and Marketing
Our sponsors and exhibitors provide additional opportunities to learn about the most up-to-date developments in the field and are there for attendees throughout the entire conference.
Perhaps the most important opportunity is getting to know the #eaqualsfamily. The Eaquals Board of Trustees, Staff, members of the Inspectorate, Accredited members, Associate members and Individual members are all present during the conference and keen to showcase Eaquals as an association and the benefits that membership can bring.
The 2021 conference is organised as follows:
- Thursday offers a full-day Management Training Workshop as well as a whole day of professional development sessions for appointed Eaquals inspectors
- Friday and Saturday both offer a rich mix of plenary talks, presentations and practical workshops delivered by external experts and representatives of Eaquals-member institutions. The conference content will address the themes of language teaching and learning, course design, CEFR and assessment, staff development, leadership and management, and business and marketing.
We are delighted to announce that our plenary speakers and main trainer for the 2020 conference are:
- Dr Joanne Murphy | Leading in times of volatility
- Professor Rhona Sharpe |What’s really changed? Exploring the impact of the pandemic on values-based decision making in higher education
- Alan Maley | Creativity: What is it? Why should we bother? How do we do it?
- Martyn Clarke | Managing a complex teaching staffroom