The Eaquals Board and staff have taken the decision to further postpone the Annual International Conference due to be held in Belfast on 22-24th April 2021.
Given the current situation regarding Covid-19 and associated risks, it is felt that this is the safest and best decision for members, sponsors, delegates and staff.
We also want to ensure that our conference continues to provide the Eaquals standard of quality in terms of presentations, plenaries and workshops on offer and believe that postponing is in line with this.
The conference will now be held on 21-23rd October 2021 at the same venue, the Europa Hotel Belfast.
This is an extremely difficult and challenging time for all in international education and we would like to thank you for your continued understanding and support.
If you have any specific queries pertaining to the conference postponement, please contact us directly at email@example.com
The conference is open to all, both members and non-members, and provides a rich programme of professional development for centre owners, directors, academic managers, teacher trainers as well as researchers and teachers alike.
As a conference attendee, you will have the opportunity to network with other professionals in the international language education sector and share ideas, knowledge and expertise.
The conference programme addresses issues at the forefront of the 5 conference strands:
- Language teaching and learning
- Course design, CEFR and assessment
- Staff development
- Leadership and Management
- Business and Marketing
Our sponsors and exhibitors provide additional opportunities to learn about the most up-to-date developments in the field and are there for attendees throughout the entire conference.
Perhaps the most important opportunity is getting to know the #eaqualsfamily. The Eaquals Board of Trustees, Staff, members of the Inspectorate, Accredited members, Associate members and Individual members are all present during the conference and keen to showcase Eaquals as an association and the benefits that membership can bring.
The 2021 conference is organised as follows:
- Thursday offers a full-day Management Training Workshop as well as a whole day of professional development sessions for appointed Eaquals inspectors
- Friday and Saturday both offer a rich mix of plenary talks, presentations and practical workshops delivered by external experts and representatives of Eaquals-member institutions. The conference content will address the themes of language teaching and learning, course design, CEFR and assessment, staff development, leadership and management, and business and marketing.
- The Eaquals AGM will take place during the conference on Friday, when an alternative workshop programme is provided for delegates who are not yet members of Eaquals.
We are delighted to announce that our plenary speakers and main trainer for the 2020 conference are:
- Dr Joanne Murphy | Leading in times of volatility
- Professor Ema Ushioda |Motivating engagement with other languages: Looking beyond instrumentalist ideologies
- Alan Maley | Creativity: What is it? Why should we bother? How do we do it?
- Jenny Johnson | Managing your teachers, from BB to Z