CIAL - Centro de Linguas
CIAL was founded in 1959 as a language school for the Portuguese public. On May 5, 1969 it was officially recognised by the Ministry of Education.
In 1972, CIAL started offering courses of Portuguese as a Foreign Language (PLE) aimed at international students.
As a result of this new activity, a new department, devoted to the production and publishing of books and other materials for the study of PLE, was created. The partnership with publishing house LIDEL continues to this day, and CIAL’s teachers are authors of bestselling language teaching materials worldwide.
In 1989 CIAL opened a second school in Faro (Algarve), where both PLE and Foreign Languages are taught.
CIAL has participated in several EU projects over the years.
Languages & Courses
Types of Courses
- General language