Fostering excellence in language education across the world
To foster excellence in language education across the world by providing leadership, guidance and support to governments, teaching institutions and individuals.
- To improve the experience of language learners by developing quality standards for the teaching of modern languages
- To deliver accreditation against these standards for providers of language education
- To develop practical resources, and offer training and support for those working in the field of modern languages
- To serve the interests of language learners worldwide
- To promote all languages and cultures
- To foster international cooperation and understanding
- To encourage personal and professional development
- To uphold openness and transparency
- To support fair dealing and professional service
Language learning for Global Citizenship
Eaquals subscribes to the Council of Europe’s principles on Language Learning for European Citizenship; to facilitate the free movement of people and ideas; to increase mutual knowledge and understanding; to increase the quantity and quality of international cooperation; and to combat prejudice and intolerance towards peoples of different languages and cultures.
Through our strong educational principles and values, Eaquals has become the leading professional association for language education throughout the world.
Working for the public benefit
Eaquals advises the Council of Europe on language policy issues and is a member of the professional Network Forum at the European Centre for Modern Languages (ECML). We worked with the Council of Europe to improve language provision for adult migrants across its 47 members states.
We work with the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), the Association of Language Testers in Europe (ALTE), the Japan Association for Management of Training and Education (JAMOTE) and the European Confederation of Language Centres in Higher Education (CercleS).