The Eaquals Board of Trustees condemn the war in Ukraine and unanimously agree that:
- We reiterate our unwavering support for the people of Ukraine, including language learners and teachers, and our accredited members in the country. Further to our earlier statement of support, we pledge to:
- Waive Eaquals membership fees for accredited members in Ukraine for 2022 and 2023
- Coordinate and share offers of support from Eaquals members and external organisations for Ukrainian people, learners and teachers, and promote these through our website and member communications. We would like to invite members with contacts in Ukraine to share this Ukraine Friendship Classes initiative https://aircamp.lpages.co/ukraine-friendship-classes and contact us if any member staff are interested in volunteering. We know there are many avenues of support, one of which is the Disasters Emergency Committee Humanitarian fund https://www.dec.org.uk/appeal/ukraine-humanitarian-appeal and https://ukrainianinstitute.org.uk/russias-war-against-ukraine-what-can-you-do-to-support-ukraine-ukrainians/ and we will share other suggestions of ways to support from members on our website.
- We are suspending all operational activities in Russia and Belarus, including new applications for membership, advisory visits and inspections.
- We stand in solidarity with individuals and organisations in Russia and Belarus who voice their opposition to the invasion of Ukraine, knowing the courage this takes.
The Eaquals Board of Trustees
28 April 2022
Funding: One of our Eaquals members has set up a GoFundMe for Eaquals Accredited Member, NovaMova, based in Ukraine. All information related to this is available on the following link here
The ECML have a dedicated website with guidance and resources for all those supporting the (linguistic) integration of refugees from Ukraine, both into school systems and into the workplace. Central to this website are carefully selected, ready-to-use ECML resources for teachers of all subjects. These are complemented by a set of tools produced within the LIAM project of the Council of Europe, as well as guidance produced by the European Commission. The full website address is https://www.ecml.at/ukraine