Eaquals International Conference 2 – 4 April 2020 Belfast, UK
Scholarship Award Scheme
The Eaquals scholarship scheme is to enable Eaquals-accredited institutions disadvantaged by challenging business environments, unfavourable exchange rates and local political issues, to benefit from funding to attend Eaquals conference.
There will be a total of 5 scholarships offered for attendance at the Eaquals annual international conference.
What is offered by the scholarship scheme?
- Waiver of conference fee
- €200 as contribution towards travel/accommodation costs
- Free attendance at informal and formal dinners
- Assistance with finding low-cost quality accommodation e.g. with local homestays where possible/appropriate
- Applicants must submit an application form. The Eaquals Scholarship committee review applicants and recommendations for successful/unsuccessful applicants are submitted to the Eaquals board for moderation.
- Eligible applications will be rated according to the level of volunteered contribution and a stated commitment to participate at conference with help and guidance provided for this from a designated Eaquals mentor. This may take the form of a presentation, workshop, seminar, participation in any ongoing Eaquals projects, providing a roving reporter role or similar etc.
- Where an application includes a speaker proposal that is rejected on grounds of programme design, a scholarship may still be awarded with invitation to join and contribute to a specific special interest project or seminar.
Requirements of scholarship
- Successful scholarship applicants will attend dinners and social events for new members and assist with welcoming them into the association.
- Successful scholarship applicants will submit a personal report on highlights of the conference that can be published on the Eaquals website.
Terms and Conditions
- More than one person may apply from the same institution.
- Scholarship funding may be shared between members of the same institution, where only one applicant has been successful from that institution.
- A successful applicant may not be re-awarded the same scholarship for a conference in two consecutive years.
- Deadline for applications is 29th November 2019.
Submitting a proposal
Click here for further information and to submit your proposal.
Proposals are read blind by the Programme Committee and we will confirm whether your proposal has been accepted by 1st November 2019.