Associate Membership provides a unique opportunity for organisations that work in the language education field, but are not eligible for Eaquals accreditation, to engage actively in our diverse international network. Associate Members can attend all meetings and contribute to our projects and have full member voting rights.
Who can apply
Organisations that support Eaquals’ aims of fostering and promoting quality in language education worldwide are invited to apply for associate membership of Eaquals. The types of organisation which are eligible include:
- national cultural agencies
- national and international associations of schools with quality assurance schemes
- examination boards (special rules apply)
- educational publishers
- ministry of education institutions
- international associations involved in language education
- foundations, trusts and associations with groups of schools that are Eaquals members
How to apply
In order to be considered for membership, prospective candidates are asked to complete an online application in which they illustrate how their activities conform to the Eaquals Charter for Associate Members. There are also special criteria for examinations boards.
Applications are considered by the Associate Membership Panel, chaired by a member of the Eaquals Board. In the case of examination boards, the steering group may ask for an independent review of the applicant’s fulfilment of the special criteria. The Panel then makes a recommendation to the Board, who vote on acceptance of the applicant.