The European Centre for Modern Languages of the Council of Europe (ECML) invites professionals in language education to take part in the Call for proposals which is open until 22 April 2019.
The Call for proposals offers the opportunity to benefit from a unique European platform to negotiate, communicate and publish your innovative ideas. You can make a genuine contribution towards influencing language education in Europe.
If you work or live in an ECML member state and would like to share and enrich your ideas on language education through European collaboration, then we would like to hear from you!
The priority areas of this Call for proposals are based on needs in ECML member states. They reflect views of language professionals and take account of developments at the Council of Europe and other European and international organisations. Just some of these areas are:
- Language professionals as agents of change (such as learner-centred processes and strategies…)
- Considering and reconsidering flagship resources of the Council of Europe (such as the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and its Companion Volume…)
- Foreign language learning and teaching in the spotlight (such as foreign language methodologies for skills development…)
- Bi-/plurilingual education for a new decade (such as regional and minority languages…)
- Organising language education (such as successful transitions across educational stages…)
Would you like to find out more about the possible topics and address one or more of these priorities in the context of an ECML project? Are you interested in developing user-friendly, practical resources, with the support of a renowned European institution, which can be easily adapted in different national contexts? Then please consider getting involved, either by submitting a project proposal or by applying as a team member.
Tempted? Then consult the dedicated website for further details on applying: www.ecml.at/call