Eaquals Response to Covid19 | Eaquals Resources & Webinars for Online Teaching and Learning
We find ourselves in extremely challenging times, which has seen many of our member centres temporarily closing. As always, the language teaching industry has been quick to respond and adapt, with many making the transition to online learning. To help #eaqualsmembers and #eaqualsfamily adjust to these fast-changing circumstances, Eaquals developed and continues to offer a series of webinars focussed on the delivery of online language teaching. These have been made available to both members and non-members.
Eaquals Webinar Provision
Eaquals Training Support Webinars | The webinars have covered a wide range of areas related to online provision and are there to assist teachers, academic managers, directors of studies and teacher trainers.
- Using Zoom for Online Teaching | Bethan Edwards
- Teaching Asynchronously | Thom Kiddle
- Teaching YLs Online | Sian Deeble
- Assisting with the Management of Online Learning | Chris Farrell
- Managing in a world of online teaching: It’s still about people, price, product, promotion & place | Liam Brown
Eaquals Training Support Q&A Sessions | As a follow on from the initial training webinars offered by Eaquals, Q&A sessions were run which provided participants with the opportunity to have their questions and queries addressed by the expert trainers.
Eaquals Members Case Study Webinars | Eaquals members benefit from being part of a global network which shares best practice, knowledge and expertise. Members response to the current challenge emphasises their resilience, creativity and know-how. Eaquals is very grateful to those members who shared their journey into online provision with us:
- AVO Language & Examination Centre | Management of the transition to online teaching.
- The London School | The Flipped Model: Ensuring Excellence in the VLE
- ATC Language Schools | Remote Pastoral Care: Looking after student welfare during lockdown
Eaquals Resource Provision
Eaquals Resources | Many excellent, free resources have been made available online for both teachers and managers. Eaquals has compiled a detailed list of these resources so that all information is easily accessible. We are grateful to our Associate members who have made their resources available to us as well.
This list is by no means exhaustive. If you have some additional quality resources that you would like to share with the #eaqualsfamily, please let us know.
Eaquals Accredited Members Resource:
- NEW! Take Your Teaching Online is a free short course by NILE that will give teachers many of the tools and skills they need to deliver their classes online, and as an optional add-on, expert individual guidance and feedback on what solutions actually work in given contexts.
Eaquals Associate Members Resources:
- International House World Organisation held the 12th IH Teachers Online Conference in May. The theme of the conference was teaching online, and session topics included online YL vocabulary activities, online pronunciation games, and practical ideas for online Cambridge exams preparation courses. Click here to watch the presentations.
- LanguageCert are offering a new and engaging series of webinars that will help you make the most of your time at home. Click here to view their upcoming webinars.
- Pearson English invite teachers to ‘Keep Teaching, Keep Learning’ with Covid 19 support, resources and guidance, available here.
- Oxford ELThave created a Learn at Home Hub to support the teaching community. For those suddenly working from home with children off school, you’ll be pleased to know they also offer resources for parents and students too!
- Cambridge English offer a free online course, ‘Learn how to teach English online’. The 4-week course requires 5 hours study per week.
- Macmillan English have a range of upcoming webinars to support teachers moving online, in addition to digital teaching resources and useful tips in Distance Teaching and Learning Hub.
- Trinity College London’s webinars, including those focussing on teaching online, are available to watch here.
Eaquals Partners & Friends Resources:
- Higher Education Marketing have added a new blog post, Transitioning to Online Courses.
- English UK are running a series of webinars which cover all aspects of ELT, from emergency planning and HR to teaching online and student welfare. These can be accessed here.
- StudyTravel Ltd offered “Remote Working – managing your team from anywhere”. Keep an eye on Study Travel Network for slides and documents used during the sessions.
- National Geographic Learning presented a webinar with English UK about teaching online this week and also have a range of free online professional development resources, many of which focus on teaching remotely.
- Laura Patsko tweeted a useful thread on twitter, sharing her top 5 webinars about teaching online. Follow Laura on twitter to keep up to date with the great resources she regularly tweets.
- Cambridge University Press shared resources that cover primary, secondary and adult teaching as well as teacher well-being:
- World of Better Learning Blog: https://www.cambridge.org/elt/blog/
- Research Papers on EAP, blended language learning: www.cambridge.org/pedagogy
- Adapting Coursebooks for Online Teaching: www.cambridge.org/gb/cambridgeenglish/covidsupport
- New CUP Website for Resources: https://cambridgetogether.org/
- Free Exams Boosters: A2 Key, B1 Preliminary, B2 First and C1 Advanced exams
- Webinar Recordings: here
- A hub for language teaching managers to ask questions, tell stories, ask for suggestions, share articles or other useful resources – LAMSIG Support group: www.facebook.com/groups/schoolmanagementcovid