Now entering into the sixth year, the Eaquals Member Event Fund continues to support professional events organised by our members and partners for 2022.
Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th March 2022.
Eaquals Regional & Local Events (RLEs) fund
Aims of the scheme
The Eaquals Regional and Local Events (RLEs) fund is to promote Eaquals’ profile, services and activities in regional and local contexts and specifically:
- to provide regular professional development (PD) opportunities beyond the annual Eaquals meetings and conferences
- to encourage more language teaching professionals to attend events with Eaquals representation by providing more affordable and more frequent PD options
- to create and/or enhance Eaquals networks at national and regional levels;
- to enrich the exchange of professional ideas, research and projects that would be of mutual benefit to members and to Eaquals
- to increase Eaquals institutional and individual membership
- to raise Eaquals’ profile in cross-sectional areas (e.g. state and private sectors, publishers etc.)
What kind of events are eligible?
Events should be initiated and organised by Eaquals member/partner institutions, and can include:
- seminars and workshops
- short training courses
- educational fairs and exhibitions
What funding will Eaquals provide?
The Eaquals Board has agreed to allocate a total of EUR10,000 in 2020 to support RLEs. Organisers can apply for a maximum of EUR1,000 per event. Funding may be used for sponsorship; the cost of sending an Eaquals trainer/speaker; providing Eaquals-branded materials etc.
This funding and support is offered in addition to support already given to national associations that are Associate Members of Eaquals.
How to apply
Eaquals member/partner institutions wishing to apply for RLE funding need to provide the following:
- a clear statement of the aims of the proposed RLE and how it relates to the aims above
- a detailed description of the scope and nature of the RLE: event organisers, event type, length, duration, venue, intended audience, expected outcomes
- an outline of the costs involved for the RLE including any funding available from the RLE organizing body and other local/regional sponsors
- details of what kind of support from Eaquals is requested and level of funding required
- promotional materials needed from Eaquals
- agreement to display the Eaquals logo on RLE programmes; use Eaquals slide templates for presentations; display an Eaquals banner where relevant and include a short introduction about Eaquals (information will be provided).
Following the event, Eaquals member/partner institutions who receive RLE funding will be required to submit to a report outlining the outcomes of the event and any follow-up opportunities.
Members applying for funding must ensure that there are no outstanding membership fees owed.
Apply by 15 March 2022
Proposals for events should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com and include completed application form as above.
Applications will be blind reviewed by the Committee and applicants will hear if their application has been successful by 30 March 2022.